Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Of coffee and stuff

At work we now have most of the equivalent espresso equipment that you find at a regular coffee house cafe.  Except its in a "baby" version.

The "baby" grinder. As in the grinder produces a consistent grind like a cafe does, buts it a little smaller. It has the fancy burrs, comes from Italy, and yadda yadda yadda

The espresso machine is also similar, but smaller than a regular cafe espresso machine.  It has the pressure gauge, milk steaming thingy, and other bells and whistles - just what a good Barista would like to see.

We also have the thermometer for the milk.  Scales to measure the correct amount of grind.  Beans are procured each week and kept cool and airtight

Now when I say we - I mean Andrew.  Me - well I fund it, and he gets to play out his love of coffee.  For convenience sake I tend to make an instant coffee.  But I suppose now that we have accumulated all this kit I had better learn how to use it.

Hope it tastes nice!

No comments: