Thursday, 24 March 2011

KABs

I mentioned in an earlier blog the term KAB.

Know All Bastards!

I work in IT.  Mostly in Business Analysis/Business System Sales.  I did enjoy moments in my career in Computer Sales and Programming.  But now its me selling my own Business Software.  Consulting to my clients on their Business Processes etc - and getting my staff to develop the programs - hopefully you get the idea

So how does this have anything to do with KABs?

Back in the days when I was selling PC's - XT, AT, 80386 etc  (Yes I'm OLD - shut-up)
I got to meet lots of people interested in computers.  I was mostly interested in people using them for their businesses and tried to focus on that.  However, there were always those individuals who were tyre kicking around for a good deal.

Anyway - back to KABs  They are well meaning people who need to share their "superior" knowledge.  Often they have a career that relies on accuracy as a component.  They used to "bust my balls" ensuring that I knew that they knew as much and hopefully more about computers as they did.  I never really got why they needed to do this, as the point was lost on me totally. 

And the point of knowledge that I had that they never had was... I knew what they were doing, and I ignored it, much to there disappointment. 

Now there are certain industries that lend themselves to having KABs.  I'm not going to make this easy and tell you.  I'm sure you probably know of a few yourself....

No comments: