Friday, 21 May 2010

Two weeks now...

Well its two weeks since "Don't call, don't email, don't text, don't contact me" 
and so I haven't.  I was speechless when that was spat down the phone to me. 

I love her.  We had argued about why she was cross at me.  I was tired, needing sleep badly, and in no mood to be conciliatory.   Seems I had to meet her unspoken requirements on communication.  I didn't understand why she needed to be cross about this.  We were going to have a night away (yes - where hadn't been confirmed, a minor detail in my opinion given I had been busy at work and after work with kids and other stuff).

So I said I needed food (as she had said she wasn't hungry) and left saying she could track me down at my place if she cared to.  I bought some comfort food (McDonalds) and headed home, watched some TV, and went to bed.  And then I slept - A LONG TIME.  On and off through until the next afternoon.

I didn't hear the phone or the texts.  So when I got up and phoned her back, cross had become angry.  And that conversation finished with the "Don't call,..."

So, I think I'm single now.  We have argued before, and there have been some of those times where I have behaved badly by sulking, as if I was trying to punish her.  This time feels different.

I feel like this letting her go because I love her.  If she comes back then she is mine, if she stays away then she never was.

It has taken me two weeks to get this straight in my head.  Could I have acted differently, probably. Could she have acted differently, probably.  

No comments: