Friday, 1 April 2011

Been a bit busy to care...bothered? - yes actually

Dad finally got me on the phone today.  He had emailed me and he had left messages for the last few days.

I have been preoccupied with this software implementation that has gone live today (not without a few hiccups!)

Anyway - Dad got in touch (I answered his call...) and he lets me know that he has been down south to see the widow of his twin brother (my aunt) as yesterday was the first anniversary of his passing away.  My father was very close to his twin (as most twins are).  Dad is 72, and for the last 5 or 6 years the two of them would talk every day (by phone), sometimes twice a day.  They were inseparable as kids.

So, I have been feeling a little sad all day.  I enjoyed my uncles company, and more so because of how close Dad was to him.  So for me to not call Dad back earlier etc and talk to him about the significance of yesterday was not right by my standards.

So, bothered? Yes definitely.  I'll call him again tonight...

No comments: